Membership in AMTA brings the satisfaction of belonging to the premier U.S. organization dedicated to the application of membrane filtration and desalting processes for water treatment.
(Download Membership Benefits Document)
Educational Workshops, Online Training and Conferences
- AMTA conducts technical workshops and online training that provides a platform for discussion of a wide variety of water supply improvement and water treatment topics..
- AMTA sponsors with AWWA the nation’s largest Membrane Technology Conference and Exposition, which is structured to promote information exchange on all aspects of membrane filtration and water use as well as exhibits on new technology and formal recognition of outstanding contributions to the industry.
Awards, Recognition & Fellowships
- AMTA gives out a number of awards including the Hall of Fame Award, the Membrane Facility of the Year and the Robert O. Vernon Membrane Plant Operator of the Year. A full description of all the awards can be found on the AMTA Awards page.
- AMTA jointly with AWWA provides awards at the Membrane Technology Conference
- AMTA provides fellowship opportunities in cooperation with funding partners. Fellowship opportunities are available on the AMTA Fellowship page.
Networking and Information Exchange
- AMTA provides networking opportunities – regionally, nationally and internationally – between industry and utilities as well as information and experience exchange between members of the membrane industry. Members receive access to up-to-date information on vital worldwide operating data, groundbreaking water research programs, water user needs, products and manufacturer services.
Publications and Reports
- Members have access to Solutions, the quarterly newsletter.
- Members receive complimentary copies of all technical white papers and reports published and distributed by the Association.
- Members have access to the Digital Library that includes proceedings and papers from AMTA Workshops and AMTA/AWWA MTC Conferences.
Legislative and Regulatory Advocacy
- AMTA is the nation’s leading advocate of membrane technology.
- AMTA leads efforts to remove regulatory obstacles and encourages the use of membrane filtration and desalting processes for water.
- AMTA monitors and evaluates state and federal laws and regulations, and represents membrane filtration interests before the U.S. Congress, state legislatures, state and federal regulatory agencies and the media.
- AMTA directs public education and relations activities, which include interfacing with key press, policy makers, organizations and public officials to promote membrane technology awareness throughout the United States.
Company and Facility Recognition
- Member companies and facilities (Division 1 and 2) have the opportunity to submit a one-hundred word or less description of the company’s profile for inclusion with their membership information. Members can download and/or view current member contact information.
- To attract people interested in the membrane technology to member companies, company and facility links are available in the members only directory.
- Members have access to a searchable directory of AMTA members, which serves as an important reference of technical authorities and suppliers in the membrane technology industry.
- AMTA members receive discounts on all AMTA sponsored conferences, workshops and online training, and advertising rates.
- AMTA’s affiliation with IDA provides AMTA members discounted rates on IDA technical conferences, seminars, workshops and publications.
- Opportunities to grow professionally by getting involved on the Board of Directors or committees and volunteering as a speaker/moderator for educational and networking events.
***The American Membrane Technology Association is a Section 501(c)(4) organization. Because 5% of all membership dues collected is used for advocacy and legislative activities, 5% of each paid membership is not eligible as a business expense for federal and state income tax purposes.