Given in recognition of pioneering and/or lifetime contribution by an individual to water supply or water reuse improvements.
In recognition of Hany’s leadership as one of the pioneers of the membrane industry. He started his desalting career with Envirogenics rolling RO membranes. Later he helped develop the first gas separation membranes. In 1989, he co-founded American Engineering Services which became one of the leading suppliers of RO systems in the US, Caribbean and Middle East. In 1994, he founded AEWT, now part of the Biwater group.
- Started Desalting career with Envirogenics in 1972
- Co-founded American Engineering Services in 1989
- Founded AEWT in 1994
- Has been involved in the building of over 2 million m3/d of desalting capacity plants
Ben Mohlenhoff, Aerex Industries, Inc.
In recognition of Ben’s involvement with membrane treatment process, design, systems manufacture, installation, commissioning, training & technical service for the past thirty three years. His experience includes process design and technical review of over (200) membrane treatment systems. He is also recognized for his active leadership and participation in the American Membrane Technology Association and the Southeast Desalting Association.
- Has been with Aerex Industries since 2005
- Has been involved with membrane technology since 1978 with Basic Technologies, Inc.
- Co-founded Hydropro, Inc. in 1984
- Served in the US Navy for four years
- Has made international service calls all over the world