This paper presents the capitol cost for a phased expansion for the San Antonio Water Systems ( SAWS) program to integrate 30 million gallons per day of desalinated brackish groundwater into their overall water supply strategy. The Brackish Groundwater Desalination (BGD) program is anticipated to be constructed in three phases. Phase one will deliver up to 12 million gallons per day of finished water along with the backbone infrastructure to accommodate the ultimate buildout. Coordination with SAWS? Twin Oaks Aquifer Storage and Recovery (ASR) facility will be done.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- David Timmermann, PE / Esther Harrah, PE / Richard Donat
- Black & Veatch Corporation / San Antonio Water System / San Antonio Water System
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, San Antonio, TX
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference
- San Antonio, SAWS, reverse osmosis, brackish, ASR