Membrane plants using spiral wound membranes typically are constructed with instrumentation for monitoring the performance across the entire train, however, membrane plants are typically comprised of multi-staged trains, and to properly perform the process control and monitoring of each stage, many existing plants must be retrofitted. The case study describes the design, construction, and methods utilized to retrofit an 8-mgd NF facility (DATS), and a 5-mgd RO facility (IDP). Information provided will assist other operators of membrane facilities on factors to consider when retrofitting their existing membrane process to include not only overall membrane train performance, but each stage?s performance as well.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Carl Spangenberg, PE / Nathan Boyle
- Irvine Ranch Water District / Hazen and Sawyer
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, New Orleans, LA
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference
- System, Performance, Monitoring