The forward osmosis membrane reactor (FOMBR) was recently introduced as an energy saving candidate to replace conventional membrane-based wastewater treatment systems such as the MBR. This study proposes the integration of anaerobic conditions into the FOMBR configuration to yield the novel anaerobic forward osmosis membrane bioreactor (AnFOMBR). Biodregradability of the materials used in the study demonstrated the ineffectiveness of CTA and TFC membranes for long-term biological FO processes.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Melvin Tang / How Yong Ng
- National University of Singapore
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference, Las Vegas, NV
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference
- Impacts, Anaerobic, Forward Osmosis