The use of membrane systems in municipal applications can be divided between new green field plants and retrofit of existing conventional filtration facilities. Both types of construction have their benefits and drawbacks depending on the application, site conditions and age of the existing infrastructure. Using a retrofit approach can be very beneficial by reducing the cost and shortening the schedule when conditions are right. It should therefore be considered before automatically choosing to build a new plant when existing infrastructures exist.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Denis Guibert, Ph.D., P.E.
- GE Water & Process Technologies
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference, Glendale, AZ
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference
- Retrofit, Examples, Lessons Learned