The characteristics of NOM fouling and chemical cleaning of ceramic membranes during water treatment is an area that has not been researched in depth. The specific fraction of NOM foulants that are primarily responsible for long-term irreversibility are still not well understood.Extent of NOM fouling for ceramic membranes need to be identified. In addition, the selection of cleaning chemicals and sequences for ceramic membranes requires more research to understand fouling removal and control with NOM. Therefore, this abstract includes very useful information regarding fouling and cleaning of ceramic UF membranes, which can be useful for the implementation and process optimization of ceramic UF membranes for water treatment.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Mohammad Alresheedi / Onita Basu, PhD, PE / Benoit Barbeau, PhD
- Carleton University / Careleton University / Polytechnique Montreal
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, West Palm Beach, FL
- Membrane Technology Conference (MTC18)
- NOM Fouling, Ceramic UF Membranes, Cleaning