This paper will cover membrane applications and related operator skills required for efficient operations, and why agencies need to invest in their operators. The author holds a B.S. in Environmental Science from W.W.U. and a Grade III California State wastewater operator certificate. He works as a Wastewater Plant Operator II at EBMUD where he operates two advanced membrane treatment facilities for wastewater recycling, and is considered a Subject Matter Expert in MF/RO. The author will give the operators’ perspective on learning to operate, maintain and control membrane technology, cover CCP theory, the extent of training material available and the regulatory direction of operator certification for reuse/recycling, IPR & DPR in CA/NV.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Eric Larsen / Shelly Masuda / Richard Salas / Troy Walker / Brad Reisinger, PE
- East Bay Municipal Utility District / East Bay Municipal Utility District / City of Long Beach Water Dept. / Hazen and Sawyer / Hazen and Sawyer
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, New Orleans, LA
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference
- Operations, Membrane, AWTPO