The American Membrane Technology Association (AMTA) acknowledges and respects the privacy of its members, non-members, attendees, sponsors, exhibitors and others interested in the membrane industry who visit the AMTA website. This Policy explains how the American Membrane Technology Association (AMTA) collects and processes your Personal Data in compliance with applicable U.S. Federal and State laws as well as the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Canadian Anti-Spam Act (CASL).
AMTA’s Data Privacy Contact
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), the Data Controller for the AMTA, registered in the State of California, administrative office is established and doing business at 2409 SE Dixie Hwy., Stuart, FL 34996.
AMTA’s Administration Director is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this Notice for the purposes of the GDPR.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Notice, please contact AMTA by phone at 772-463-0820, email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 2409 SE Dixie Hwy., Stuart, FL 34996.
How AMTA uses Your Personal Data
AMTA will only process your Personal Data, including sharing it with third parties, where:
- you have provided your consent which can be withdrawn at any time
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a transaction to which you are a party
- AMTA is required by law
- processing is required to protect your interests or those of another person, or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate commercial interests, except where such interests are overridden by your rights and interests.
Your Personal Data Collected by AMTA:
“Personal Data” is any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as your name, identification number, location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to your physical, physiological, or social identity.
AMTA may collect and process the following Personal Data:
- Contact information, which you provide when corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our AMTA website and when you report a problem with our AMTA website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial information and/or credit card information.
- Membership information, about your membership including your name, contact details such as address, phone number and email address (business or personal), age, job title, government identification numbers (e.g. Operator License, PE License, etc.), year of admission and any other information related to your membership. Membership information may be provided by you during the registration process, or by your employer on your behalf.
- Payment information, including financial information such as credit/debit card and account numbers used to register or renew your membership.
- Purchase information, relating to purchases made by members and non-members of attendee, exhibitor, sponsorship registration and event participation, material orders, newsletter, website or advertisements either in-person or via our website. Purchase information will include financial information as well as information concerning the content and time of the purchase.
- Disciplinary information, relating to ethics/disciplinary programs in which complaints against members are adjudicated, with the result being possible suspension/expulsion from membership. This may include extensive information about a member’s business or professional activities, including employment information, and similar information relating to other individuals involved in the investigation, though would usually not include financial information.
- Certification information, relating to certification programs, in which members are granted certification if they meet specified educational/employment experience requirements and/or pass an exam. This may include extensive information about the experience/performance of those certified or accredited. Where the certification concerns an institution or business, this may include similar information identifying employees and other members of staff including volunteers.
Website and other Social Media Account Visit(s):
Each time you use our website, the current version of this Notice will apply. This Notice is applicable to all AMTA website visitors, registered users, and all other users of our website.
By visiting www.amtorg.com or related social media forums (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.), you acknowledge that you have read and understood the processes and policies referred to in this Notice.
With regard to each of your visits to our website, AMTA will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number; and
- Location information
- IP addresses
- Browser type and plug-in details
- Device type (e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet, phone, etc.)
- Operating system
- Local time zone
AMTA may use non-Personal Data for various business purposes such as providing customer service, fraud prevention, market research, and improving our website. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
Personal Data AMTA Collects from Others
AMTA may receive information about you from publicly available and third-party databases or services that provide information about business people that AMTA believes will help us identify and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. AMTA will obtain your consent before contacting you if required by the law of the country in which you are located.
AMTA will combine this information with information you give to us and information AMTA collect about you. AMTA will use this information and the combined Personal Data for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information AMTA receive).
Personal Data that You Give AMTA
AMTA may use Personal Data that you provide directly to us for the following purposes:
- to carry out our obligations arising from your membership, or any other contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and membership services, or to notify you about changes to AMTA’s membership service;
- to organize events that you have purchased or registered for, and to provide you with information, and other materials, relating to the content of the event, the speakers, sponsors and other attendees;
- to provide our newsletter and other publications;
- to provide you with information about other events, products and services that AMTA offers, provided that you have not previously requested this information not be forwarded to you;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about events, products or services AMTA feel may interest you;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented most effectively for you and your computer;
- to transfer your information as part of a merger or formation of a regional affiliate of the association.
Personal Data that AMTA shares and Who can Access
AMTA may share your Personal Data for the purposes described in this Notice with:
- a member, attendee, speaker, moderator, sponsor, exhibitor of AMTA;
- partners, suppliers and sub-contractors, for the performance of obligations arising from your membership, event registration, or any other contract AMTA enter into with them or you or to provide you with the information, products and membership services that you request from us;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our website;
- trusted third-party companies and individuals to help us provide, analyze, and improve the AMTA website and our membership services (including but not limited to data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and payment processing);
- your payment information is only stored on our servers while we are processing your membership dues or event registration (approximately 1-2 day turnaround), and then we remove it. While on our servers, both your credit card number and CVV code are encrypted and never accessible except via SSL protected internal website administration pages;
- AMTA uses Authorize.net, a 3rd party payment gateway service, for processing online payments. All data transmissions between Authorize.net and our websites are encrypted via SSL technology;
- if AMTA or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
AMTA will only transfer your Personal Data to trusted third-parties who provide sufficient guarantees in respect of the technical and organizational security measures governing the processing to be carried out and who can demonstrate a commitment to compliance with those measures.
Personal Data Security
Although AMTA has security measures to help protect your Personal Data against loss, misuse or unauthorized disclosure, AMTA cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to us over the internet.
All information you provide to AMTA is stored on secure servers.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Personal Data is Not Sold
AMTA will never sell your Personal Data to third parties if you request your privacy preference to be excluded from sharing.