The BRWRF is an 11 mgd advanced treatment facility, commissioned in 2008 with the world’s largest membrane bioreactor (MBR). The BRWRF effluent augments the Potomac River and provides non-potable reuse to data centers for cooling. This paper conveys the experience of operating a large MBR facility with a focus on process operation, monitoring, and maintenance.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Jeff Angiel / Sarah Lothman / Phill Yi / Raymond B. Kirkpatrick, Jr. / Mike Rumke / Troy Walker
- Loudoun Water / Loudoun Water / Hazen and Sawyer / Loudoun Water / Loudoun Water / Hazen and Sawyer
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, West Palm Beach, FL
- Membrane Technology Conference (MTC18)
- MBR Operation, Broad Run, MBR Experience