Forward osmosis (FO) is a rapidly-growing membrane technology that can be used as an energy-saving alternative to standard membrane water treatment systems such as reverse osmosis (RO). FO in combination with low pressure RO can be applied for water reuse. FO is a membrane filtration process driven by the osmotic pressure difference originating from two solutions with varying chemical potentials.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Zhen-Yu Li / Victor Yangali-Quintanilla / Qingyu Li / Rodrigo Valladares / Gary L. Amy
- King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference, Glendale, AZ
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference
- Batch Reactor, Forward Osmosis, Water Reuse