The difficulty in monitoring pathogen removal is a gap that has been identified in the adoption of Membrane Bioreactors for IPR/DPR. This paper presents a newly proposed method for the calculation of solids LRV across the MBR system. The new method relies on the widely used standard method for enumeration of total suspended solids with a modification to the sample collection process, which allows for orders-of-magnitude more resolution. This presentation will present the details of the proposed method, the empirical data, and the calculation method for solids LRV in an MBR application.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Stephen Katz, PE / Pierre Cote / Joel Citulski / Glenn Vicevic / Carsten Owerdieck / Sophie Pease, PE
- SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions / COTE Membrane Separation Ltd. / SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions / SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions / SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions / SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, West Palm Beach, FL
- Membrane Technology Conference (MTC18)
- MBR, LRV, Pathogen Removal