West Basin’s Custom Engineered Microfiltration Pilot Unit has been in service for over a year now testing six different pressurized PVDF modules in parallel using West Basin’s Title 22 water as a feed source. The results of Phase 1 of testing, which involved piloting these modules using manufacturer recommended sequences for backwashes, CEB, and CIPs, were presented at the 2016 and 2017 Membrane Technology Conference. This year’s paper and presentation will cover Phase 2 of testing which involved piloting these previously qualified modules using a unified backwash, CEB, and CIP approach. All six modules were operated under a common backwash, CEB, and CIP program with items such as air flow and backwash flow rate adjusted for surface area.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Gabriela Handley / Don Zylstra, P.E. / James C. Vickers, P.E.
- Separation Processes, Inc. / West Basin Municipal Water District / Separation Processes, Inc.
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, West Palm Beach, FL
- Membrane Technology Conference (MTC18)
- Microfiltration, Reuse, Universal