The semiconductor industry uses 1,500 gallons of ultrapure water to make a single 300 mm silicon wafer which generates a high volume wastewater stream high in silicon and turbidity. Using ultrafiltration that is backwash-free (air scour only) to recycle the waste stream has proven to be equally as effective as backwash and air scour. The filtrate consistently meets reuse requirements for TSS concentrations and turbidity.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Ben Freeman, E.I.T. / Antoine Leroux / Albert Shen / Osman Kung
- Hydranautics - A Nitto Group Company
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference, Las Vegas, NV
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference
- Ultrafiltration, Backwash-Free, Wastewater Reuse