Municipal wastewater effluent is a challenging feed water for membrane systems. Biological nutrient removal (BNR) systems can provide advantages for treatment of municipal wastewater relative to traditional activated sludge processes. This paper discusses operational considerations for a BNR system in a direct potable reuse application and investigates BNR as pretreatment for ultrafiltration and reverse osmosis processes.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Christopher Boyd, Ph.D. / Alan E. Davis / Dexter F. May / Tymn Combest / David A. Gudal / Phillip A. Lintereur
- Alan Plummer Associates, Inc. / City of San Angelo
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, Long Beach, CA
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference
- Ultrafiltration, Pretreatment, Reverse Osmosis, Pilot, Reuse, Biological Nutrient Removal