In order to diversify their water supplies, SAWS has inaugurated a brackish desalination project to supply over 10 MGD initially to later be expanded to 25 MGD of treated potable water to the City of San Antonio. The first phase will have thirteen production wells completed into the lower Wilcox Sands at depths from 1,200 to 1,800 feet. The brackish water will be pumped through pipelines into a centralized plant located near SAWS current ASR facility.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Bill Stein, PG / Kevin Morrison, PG, PMP / James Beach, PG
- LBG-Guyton Associates / San Antonio Water Systems
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, San Antonio, TX
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference
- Bracksih, Groundwater, Production