This paper will focus on the use of calcite beds for post treatment of soft waters. A comparison of the benefits of calcite beds over lime dosing systems will be shared. Desalinated waters require post treatment to adjust the pH, alkalinity and hardness suitable for the intended use and applicable standards. Conventional water remineralization can be achieved by calcite contactors or lime dosing systems.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Tim Bradley / Martine Poffet, PhD / Jochen Kallenberg
- Omya America / Omya International AG
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference, Las Vegas, NV
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference
- Calcite, Post-Treatment, remineralization