This paper provides an overview of a dozen seawater RO projects in California. The projects are at various stages of development and vary in size from medium-scale facilities (<1 mgd) serving smaller communities to large-scale facilities (10 mgd+). The author predicts at least 10 projects online and producing water by 2020. The paper also addresses some of challenges encountered by these projects.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Paul Shoenberger, PE / Cesar Lopez
- West Basin Municipal Water District / San Diego County Water Authority
- AMTA Annual Meeting, Austin, TX
- Pre-Conference Workshop - AMTA/ADC Desalination Technology Developments & Improvements
- water desalination membrane processes, RO