This paper discusses the pathogen removal by several different MBR systems with varying membrane materials, pore sizes and membrane geometries. Impact of membrane breach on passage of pathogens in MBR is also discussed in detail along with the operational performance of the MBR-RO train observed in few different studies across the country. The paper also presents the current regulatory requirements for obtaining pathogen credits for the membrane filtration process and how does that impact the use of MBR process in the AWT Train for Potable Reuse.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Zakir Hirani / Joseph Jacangelo, PhD
- MWH Global, Inc. / Stantec
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, Long Beach, CA
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference
- Membrane, Research, Disinfection, MBR, Permitting, Cleaning, Fouling, Regulatory, Reuse