Pilot testing of several scale inhibitors was conducted at the EWTP to determine suitability of these products with the existing water supply, treatment process recovery and new membrane elements. Initial testing of the latest scale inhibitor was conducted to provide a baseline membrane fouling rate for comparison to other inhibitors. Overall pilot test results indicated that one of the polyphosphonate based scale inhibitors performed significantly better than the others.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Jorge C. Atoche, PE / Geoffrey K. Hart, PE / Charles Flynn
- Hazen and Sawyer / City of Plantation, FL
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, Orlando, FL
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference
- City of Plantation, Biscayne Aquifer, Antiscalants, Polyphosphonate