The City of Ithaca, New York decided to replace their 100 year old plant with a more advanced technology. A comprehensive pilot test was conducted, and three manufacturers were selected for preparing life cycle bids for this 6 MGD facility. Plant construction was implemented in 5 phases due to complexity of keeping the old plant in service. We believe lessons learned from replacing old plants, phased implementation and cost controls are important to any mid-size conventional plants, which are being considered to be converted to membrane facilities.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Ben Movahed, PE, BCEE / Chuck Baker / Matthew Sledjeski / Richard E. Gell
- WATEK Engineering Corporation / City of Ithaca / O'Brien & Gere
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, West Palm Beach, FL
- Membrane Technology Conference (MTC18)
- Microfiltration, Retrofit, Pilot Testing