This presentation follows three case studies, the authors believe these case studies will be useful to the water industry as they provide a framework for others to follow who are interested in methodically evaluating chemical pretreatment to enhance process performance and operational efficiency while simultaneously maintaining safe margins for scaling control. Each of these studies investigated alternative chemical pretreatment conditions to optimize chemical pretreatment by reducing or eliminating raw water pretreatment with sulfuric acid.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- William Lovins, III, PhD, PE
- Boyle Engineering Corporation
- AMTA/SEDA Joint Conference, Naples, FL
- AMTA/SEDA Joint Conference
- Chemical pretreatment, nanofiltration (NF), Reverse Osmosis, Scaling Control