This presentation introduced the results of research regarding water recovery from silica-saturated RO concentrate. Our results indicated that we can get up to 85% of the water back from the concentrate by using a seawater RO system with appropriate pH control and antiscalant addition. This information is of significance to water plant operators because it will make them aware of another option for dealing with membrane system concentrates.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Anthony Tarquin, Ph.D., P.E.
- University of Texas at El Paso
- AMTA Annual Meeting, Austin, TX
- Pre-Conference Workshop - AMTA/SCMA Membranes for Water Treatment: Federal and State Research Advancements
- reverse osmosis (RO) membrane separation, operations of membrane plants