Though the use of membranes for reclaiming municipal wastewater is well understood thanks to over 30 years of experience, the reclamation of industrial wastewater is an ongoing challenge due to the variation and complexity of the incoming feed waters. For such waters, piloting is
typically recommended. This paper will follow the process of piloting, designing, constructing and operating and integrated UF/RO membrane system for the treatment of a challenging and variable industrial wastewater. The reclamation system allowed the industrial manufacturer to avoid fines, reduce cost associated with the consumption of large volumes of water, and become more environmentally responsible.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Rich Franks, PE / Craig Bartels, PhD / David Shin / Myles Davis
- Hydranautics - A Nitto Group Company
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, New Orleans, LA
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference
- Reverse Osmosis, Industrial Wastewater, Reclamation