This abstract will give an update on design and procurement of Florida’s largest low-pressure membrane facility: i.e., 54-mgd ultrafiltration (UF) retrofit at Lake Manatee Water Treatment Plant in Manatee County. This project also reflects the largest planned UF retrofit in the US. The project includes refinements of existing pretreatment system, addition of pre-screens, replacement of media filters with 12 immersed UF trains, and addition of ancillary systems including CIP system, neutralization system, backwash system, air system, and chemical feed and storage systems. This abstract provides the water industry with important information on project status, a design and procurement approach, and lessons learned.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Sandeep Sethi Ph.D., P.E. / Dean Milton / Dan Hugaboom, P.E. / Jennifer Nyfennegger / Erica Stone / Mark Simpson / Katie Gilmore / David Rodriguez
- Carollo Engineers, Inc. / Carollo Engineers, Inc. / Carollo Engineers, Inc. / Carollo Engineers, Inc. / Carollo Engineers, Inc. / Manatee County Utilities / Manatee County Utilities / Manatee County Utilities
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, West Palm Beach, FL
- Membrane Technology Conference (MTC18)
- Lake Manatee Water Treatment Plant, UF, Retrofit,