This presentation covers design and operation of new 10.0 MGD Reverse Osmosis (RO) membrane water treatment plant in Hutchinson, KS. The source water includes remediation groundwater and part of the funding for the project is from the payment made by companies responsible for contaminating the groundwater. Lessons learned include the need for strict quality control; minimizing feed piping distance to reduce fouling; importance of providing training for strict monitoring and many other critical parameters.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Viraj deSilva, PhD, PE, BCEE / Don Koci
- Professional Engineering Consultants, P.A., / City of Hutchinson
- AMTA Technology Transfer Workshop, Kansas City, MO
- AMTA Technology Transfer Workshop
- Reverse Osmosis Design, Membrane Operations, Groundwater Contamination Remediation