PVDF based UF/MF membranes are susceptible to fouling and are generally cleaned using a chlorine-based solution. Exposer to sodium hypochlorite removes a portion of the hydrophilic additives from the membrane and making the membrane surface relatively less hydrophilic and more prone to fouling.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Syed Zaki Abdullah / Pierre Berube, PhD
- The University of British Columbia
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference, Las Vegas, NV
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference
- Hypochlorite, Cleaning, PVDF, hydrophobic