As more seawater desalting facilities are being planned there is the need for a reliable and accurate tool to predict, on a local basis and site specific treatment process, the energy consumption and consequent operating cost. The Water Research Foundation (WRF) and West Basin Municipal Water District (West Basin) collaborated to develop a spreadsheet that will allow input of local data and operating requirements to produce a prediction of energy requirements.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Silvana Ghiu, Ph.D., P.E.
- Separation Processes, Inc.
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference, Las Vegas, NV
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference
- Energy, Consumption, SWRO, model