In this study, it was shown that proactive biological monitoring using advanced ATP was able to guide mitigation strategies and optimize design modifications for improved plant operation and water quality. Design changes were made to lower microbial content and enhance biostability resulting in better chlorine residual maintanence. The operational strategy of monitoring bioburden of the membrane can maximize the membrane life while optmizing water quality and overal process effeciency.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Bill Travis / Dave Tracey / Pat Whalen
- Thornton, Musso & Bellemin / LuminUltra Technologies Ltd.
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference, Las Vegas, NV
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference
- Enhanced Microbial Content, Bioburden, Proactive Biological Monitoring