This paper describes enhanced cleaning methods to remove iron from the membranes used at the Gwinnett County, Georgia, F. Wayne Hill Water Resource Center that utilizes ultrafiltration for reclaimed water. Membrane autopsies and bench-scale trials were conducted on fouled fibers to identify evaluate the effectiveness the candidate cleaning agents and to select the most suitable proprietary cleaner.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Korkud Egrican, PE / Jeffrey Boss
- CH2M HILL, Inc. / Gwinnett County Dept. of Water Resources
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, San Antonio, TX
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference
- cleaning, iron removal, ultrafiltration, Gwinnett County