This paper presents the results from a Membrane Bioreactor (MBR) system energy analysis and an ongoing air-scour energy optimization study. The energy analysis was conducted on the major MBR system components that include the RAS pump, permeate pumps, and air scour blower. Preliminary energy consumption and membrane transmembrane pressure (TMP) results are shown for the air-scour energy optimization study.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Ryan Holloway / Tzahi Y. Cath, PhD / Jorg Drewes, PhD / Jan Benecke / Dave Vuono / Ana Prieto / Lloyd Jonson / Terry Reid
- Colorado School of Mines / Aqua-Aerobic Systems, Inc.
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, San Antonio, TX
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference
- hollow fiber, fouling, air scoured