The City of Eagle Pass, Texas draws its water supply from the Rio Grande treating the river water through a 15 MGD ultrafiltration treatment plant. After 10 years of operations with 35m 2 ultrafiltration membranes, the City is planning to replace its membranes with a newer 40m 2 membrane model. This presentation will provide an update on Eagle Pass’s experience through the validation process, including the regulatory approach followed to obtaining TCEQ approval, direct integrity test methods (volume-based vs. pressure decay), demonstration testing, lessons learned, design of the retrofit, and operational implications of the membrane upgrade.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- David MacNevin, Ph.D., P.E. / Jorge Barrera / Jorge Flores / Jaime Kypuros / Jarrett Kinslow, P.E. / Jennifer Roque / Erica LaBerge
- Tetra Tech, Inc. / City of Eagle Pass Water Works System
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, Long Beach, CA
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference
- Membrane, Ultrafiltration, Design, Retrofit