The Orange County Water District (OCWD) Groundwater Replenishment System (GWRS) has selected a new filtration membrane to implement for the GWRS final expansion from 100 mgd to 130 mgd. Presently, the GWRS facility has had a singular filtration product for the life of their facility, with an established design and standard operating procedures which will reamin in operation. By switching the selected membrane technology for the final expansion design, OCWD must take membrane material and membrane performance into consideration and translate this into system level design considerations. This paper will present how membrane module performance was scaled up during design and integrated to operate in coordination with the installed capacity.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Lee Portillo, P.E. / Sandy Scott-Roberts / Srinivas Veerapaneni, Ph.D., P.E. / Jeff Neemann, P.E.
- Black & Veatch Corporation / Orange County Water District / Black & Veatch Corporation / Black & Veatch Corporation
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, New Orleans, LA
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference
- Wastewater, Non-Potable Reuse, OCWD