Many power/steam generation plants still rely on the traditional ion-exchange technology to treat the demineralized water for boiler make-up water. RO is a new technology showing a great deal of advantages and significant growth in the industry, but the full replacement cost will be costly. Veolia Grays Ferry has conducted a comprehensive alternative evaluation of various scenarios and identified the 900-gpm mobile CCD RO (which is the largest mobile RO trailer in the world) to be the most cost-effective as demonstration/Phase 1 implementation. The 5-mo demonstration was just completed in mid of July 2017 and the technology is going to be a part of the permanent solution. The project is a complete success and good case study for industry.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Theping Chen / Peter Quirk / Tom Herlihy / Michael Reyes
- Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies North America
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, West Palm Beach, FL
- Membrane Technology Conference (MTC18)
- CCD RO, Boiler Make-up, Cost Effective