A traditional two-stage RO system was coupled with a 3rd-stage, semi-batch RO process to increase overall recovery above 92%. The CCD process was integrated as a 3rd-stage as it could achieve higher recoveries due to its cyclical operation pattern, ability to achieve higher cross-flow velocities through recirculation of the concentrate stream, and providing varying feed water salinity and flushing, which all contribute to minimize fouling and scaling of the membranes.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Sunny Wang / Roshanak Aflaki / Michael Ruiz / Wendy Broley, P.E. / Melissa Ingalsbe / Bryan Trussell
- Brown and Caldwell / City of Los Angeles Bureau of Sanitation / City of Los Angeles Bureau of Sanitation / Brown and Caldwell / Brown and Caldwell / Trussell Technologies
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, West Palm Beach, FL
- Membrane Technology Conference (MTC18)
- Concentrate Treatment, High Recovery RO