The focus of this paper is on the preparation of photocatalytic coatings to fabricate photocatalytic membrane suitable for application in a hybrid UV-MF process to minimize or eliminate DBPs formation and control fouling. Combining UV and microfiltration into a single hybrid technology may mitigate drawback of each of the constituent processes. The membrane-supported photocatalyst ensures generation of reactive oxygen species that act on the pollutants that break through the membrane.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Volodymyr V. Tarabara / Bin Guo / Brian J. Starr
- Michigan State University
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, San Antonio, TX
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference
- photocatalytic, membrane, fouling, DBP