This paper documents a study intended to determine the impact of shear stress conditions on hollow fiber membrane fouling in natural waters, compare shear stress conditions and pre-coagulation on membrane fouling (separately and in combination), and compare the relative cost of shear stress conditions (sparging) and/or pre-coagulation with respect to membrane fouling reduction.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Heather Wray / Robert C. Andrews / Pierre Berube, PhD
- University of Toronto / University of British Columbia
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, San Antonio, TX
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference
- hollow fiber, Shear stress, Pre-Coagulation