Inland brackish water desalination is offered as a means of creating “new” water resources in acid regions. However, paper concedes treatment cost remains high and is often exacerbated by cost of concentrate disposal. Paper details the use of high-recovery electro-dialysis reversal (EDR) to reduce treatment costs by minimizing volume of concentrate produced.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Connor Hanrahan / Ali Sharbat, Ph.D. / Neil Moe, Ph.D. / Jim Loya / Abbas Ghassemi, Ph.D.
- New Mexico State University
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference, Glendale, AZ
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference
- Inland brackish desalination, concentrate disposal, electrodialysis reversal