The City of Altamonte Springs Potable Reuse Demonstration Pilot is an innovative treatment train in Central Florida which explores potable reuse without the use of reverse osmosis. The City aims at developing cost and process data for non-RO options for potable reuse in Florida, and assist the Florida Department of Environmental Protection in future DPR guidelines. The pilot treats 20gpm of secondary filtered effluent through ozone/biologically activated carbon filtration, ultrafiltration, granular activated carbon filtration, and UV advanced oxidation process. Adding this project’s findings to the program will further the concept of potable reuse in inland utilities and provide information to water purveyors exploring similar avenues.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Pranjali Kumar / Andrew Salveson / David Ammerman / Eva Steinle-Darling, PhD, PE / Jo Ann Jackson
- Carollo Engineers, Inc. / Carollo Engineers, Inc. / Carollo Engineers, Inc. / Carollo Engineers, Inc. / City of Altamonte Springs
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, West Palm Beach, FL
- Membrane Technology Conference (MTC18)
- Potable Reuse Demonstration, non-RO, Central Florida