While wind and solar are among the most well known renewable resources, salinity gradient power in nearly untapped and has the potential to increase renewable energy production by 20%. Pressure retarded osmosis is a way to capture this. PRO can be utilized in several configurations. The advantage of this system is the brine generated is diluted back to seawater concentrations, thus minimizing environmental impacts.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Jeri L. Prante / Andrea Achilli, PhD / Amy E. Childress
- University of Nevada / Humboldt State University / University of Southern California
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference, Las Vegas, NV
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference
- Salinity Gradient Power, Reverse Osmosis, PRO