Is recovering energy in low pressure RO systems worth it? The energy consumption of RO process itself accounts for 80% of the overall energy consumption of the facility, and cost of energy accounts for approximately 50% of the annual operating costs. The economics would very much depend on the amount of energy that is recoverable and, more importantly, cost of energy. Depending on these two factors, the return on equity could range from 5 to >15%. This paper discusses case studies on this subject.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Dave Argo / Vasu Veerapaneni / Sunny Wang
- Black & Veatch Corporation
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference, Glendale, AZ
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference
- Recovering Energy, Low Pressure, Reverse Osmosis