This paper describes the use of an integrated membrane system consisting Ultrafiltration (UF) and Reverse Osmosis (RO) filters treating raw river water that has been optimized by improving the operating sequence and cleaning conditions. The combined membrane process treats challenging surface water from Llobregat River (Barcelona, Spain) with occasional turbidity values higher than 1000 NTU. Results after two years of operation are presented.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Kelly Briceno / Andrea Lima / Kelly Lange-Haider, P.E. / Ignacio Martin / Sandra Casas / Jose Mesa / Olga Ferrer / Xavier Bernat / Veronica Garcia-Molina
- Dow Chemical Iberica / Dow Water & Process Solutions / CETaqua / SGAB
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference, Las Vegas, NV
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference
- ultrafiltration, reverse osmosis, Llobregat Rive