This paper provides detail descriptions of strategies and techniques that are used to maximize RO recovery for a water source with very high scaling potential. RO recovery maximization is critical for downstream Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD) operation due to extremely high costs associated with ZLD. Planning level of cost estimations for the membrane system as well as the ZLD system.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Miguel Arias-Paic, Ph.D., P.E. / YuJung Chang, Ph.D., P.E.
- US Bureau of Reclamation / AECOM Water
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, New Orleans, LA
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference
- Residuals Management, Zero Liquid Discharge, RO