The aim of the present study is to investigate the efficiency of the membrane bioreactor (MBR) for the elimination of Pharmaceutical Active Compounds (PhAC?s). Natural separated urine was artificially contaminated with selected pharmaceuticals including Levofloxacine, Ibuprofen and Atorvastatin. It was concluded that the PhAC?s can be effectively and safely removed from urine that can be used as fertilizers without any environmental hazard.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Hussein Abdel-Shafy / Mona Mohamed-Mansour
- National Research Centre / Egyptian Petroleum Research Institute
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference, Las Vegas, NV
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference
- MBR, membrane bioreactor, pharmaceutical removal, urine