This paper provides details on lessons learned from a membrane condition assessment for 3 major UF membrane facilities owned by Region of Peel, Canada. In addition to typical membrane autopsy analyses with SEM and EDX, this paper details the results from advanced testing with SEI analysis, fiber tensile strength testing comparing new and old fibers, and a bench scale cleaning study to identify potential options to effectively restore membrane permeability.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Teodor Kochmar, PE, PMP / YuJung Chang, PhD, PE / Brian Sahely, M.A.Sc., PE
- Region of Peel / AECOM Water / AECOM Water
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, New Orleans, LA
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference
- Plant Operation, Maintenance, Management