The 2021 AMTA/AWWA Membrane Master Class webinar series is a four-part program aimed at addressing current trends and best practices in the development and implementation of membrane technologies.
Membrane Master Class II Sessions
Closed-Circuit RO for Brine Management
Take a fresh look at the latest in closed-circuit RO for brine management technology solutions. Experts in these sessions will discuss results from pilot and demonstration testing CCRO for system performance optimization and much more. Case studies are included to provide examples of successful solutions in action.
Moderator: Brent Alspach, Arcadis
- Exceeding 90% Recovery with Conventional and Closed-Circuit RO: Results from Parallel Pilot Systems
Michael Adelman, Stantec Consulting Services, Inc.
- Maximizing Potable Water Production at EMWD’s Desalination Complex via CCRO Pilot Testing
Daniel ten Bosch, Black & Veatch and Christopher Carey, Eastern Municipal Water District
- Brine Minimization Using Closed-Circuit Reverse Osmosis
Jason Yoshimura, CDM Smith
Benefits of Membrane Pretreatment
This session includes studies of pretreatment for NF/Ro and MF/UF membrane applications. Goals of these studies include process optimization and performance, increased membrane lifespan, reduced maintenance needs and chemical cost savings.
Moderator: Michael Bourke, Wigen Water Technologies
- Low Dosage Scale Inhibitor Addition for RO and NF Applications
Carlyn Higgins, University of Central Florida
- Targeting Zeta Potential Value versus Clarified Turbidity as Pretreatment to MF/UF
Gregg McLeod, HDR Inc.
- Pretreatment Review for NF and LPRO Membranes: Literature Review and Case Studies
Matthew Charles, Hazen and Sawyer
Ultrafiltration Membrane Performance and Optimization
Ultrafiltration membrane systems are designed in a variety of configurations and operate in a range of process parameters. Optimizing these systems is a challenge that can pay dividends in lower energy costs and improved O&M. Attendees will hear how others have successfully addressed system optimization.
Moderator: Julie Nemeth-Harn, Harn R/O Systems, Inc.
- Pilot Study and Design of Integrated Membrane Treatment Systems for Alaska Surface Water
Mark Wilf, Tetra Tech
- Long-Term Performance and Operating Cost Comparison of Side by Side Pressure and Submerged UF Plants Treating Surface Water
Karla Kinser, Burns and McDonnell, Inc.
- Optimization of Submerged Ultrafiltration Membrane-Kennewick WTP as Case Study
Nathan Kutil, HDR, Inc.
Retrofit and Expansion: Strategies for Increased Plant Production
Retrofit with advanced treatment technology, rebuild, or expand with current technology? The choice is real for growing municipalities as rising water demands and increasingly stringent water regulations compel water managers to boost capacity and quality at their water treatment plants.
Moderator: Rebecca Wilder, Town of Jupiter
- Direct Cassette Retrofit of NIPS UF Membranes with TIPS UF Membranes at Two Drinking Water Plants in the US
Tom Poschmann, Scinor Water America, LLC
- Energy Savings and Production Gains by Retrofitting Existing BGD Facilities in the Lower Rio Grande Valley
Jorge Arroyo,Freese and Nichols, Inc.
- Addressing the Needs of a Remote Community Using a Package Ultrafiltration System and Prefabricated Building Design
Chelsea Jensen, WesTech Engineering, Inc.
2021 Registration Information
For Individuals: Register for any single webinar for $75 member/$120 non member. Or, register for the entire series for $225 member/$360 nonmember. Individual registration allows access for one person on one computer, and includes one (1) certificate of completion.
For Groups: Register multiple employees for one low price! Register your group for any single webinar for $255 member/$370 nonmember, and then each employee will receive a link to safely watch the webinar in their own space. A group may register for the entire series for $765 member/$1110 non-member. Every participant can receive a certificate of completion.
Series Note: If you will miss a webinar you can still register for the full series and receive access to all four webinars for a discounted rate. Recordings for all webinars will be provided.
For registration and technical questions, please contact Nicole Zimmerman at email@example.com.
Continuing Education Information
Some states will accept webinars and you may be awarded Continuing Education credits by your licensing agency. It is the individual’s responsibility, before registering for any education program, to contact his/her licensing agency: 1. To confirm that the education program is acceptable for continuing education credit towards your particular license; and 2. To confirm what you need to submit for credit approval. You must contact your specific licensing agency for details.
We recommend that you:
- Contact the agency 30 days prior to attending training
- Ask your agency about its relevancy criteria
- Ask your agency if the training format is approved (online vs. in-person)
- Find out what credit the agency approves
- Find out what you need to do in order to receive credit
- Find out whether you must submit an application prior to attending or submit handouts, etc., after training.
- Learn more about continuing education
For CEU information, please contact AWWA at firstname.lastname@example.org.