In this case study, a pressurized microfilter (MF) was used without pretreatment processes such as screening and coagulation. In order to overcome the fouling issue associated with the secondary effluent, the efforts to make were to find a more effective membrane cleaning method. The findings from the case study can be a base in designing and operating a microfiltration process upstream of reverse osmosis.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Kyungil Kim / Joseph Zhao / Tariq Hussain / Charles Bog / Randall Wood / Jeewoong Lee / Jinho Kim / Moonseog Jang / Derek Kim / Paul Jung
- Econity Co., Ltd / URS Corporation / Econity USA, Inc.
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference, Las Vegas, NV
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference
- case study, Microfiltration, water reuse