This paper presents a study for seawater pretreatment using of a flow profile visualization method in three-dimensions using Acoustic Doppler Velocimeter (ADV) and MATLAB. Flow patterns in contact zone/separation zone/effluent chamber are compared based on the analysis results from the Dissolved Air Flotation pilot tank. The experimental result using ADV was confirmed by theoretical velocities Treatment performance of DAF process can be enhanced by modification of flow patterns.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Jun Kim / Lan Huong Doan / Hyung Keun Roh
- Doosan Hydro Technology, LLC
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference, Las Vegas, NV
- AWWA/AMTA Membrane Technology Conference
- modeling, DAF, Seawater, pretreatment