This paper presents the effect of membrane permeate flux and backwash interval on the dynamic layer formation in self-forming dynamic membrane bioreactors (SFDMBRs). The basis of evaluation looked at effluent turbidity, effluent particle size distribution, trans-filter pressure (TFP) and dynamic layer properties. The start-up period of a SFDMBR can be largely affected by the correlation between activated sludge floc particle size and the supporting material pore size. On the contrary, the start-up is hardly to be completed in several days when the pore size of the supporting material is equal to the average particle size of activated sludge.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Dao Guan / Ji Dai / Guanghao Chen
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, San Antonio, TX
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference
- membrane bioreactor, MBR, effects, self forming