The current study summarizes findings of over 9-month long optimization study evaluating different chemical dosing strategies to address common scalants, such as calcium phosphate, on reverse osmosis membrane systems used in municipal wastewater treatment for potable reuse. The type of project testing different dose strategies in this case at demonstration scale (1 MGD facility) provides plant operators and supervisors with information to be used for full-scale facility operation and maintenance. As such this talk, will share knowledge from a case-study type project using actual process water and operating with the same size and type of RO membrane expected at full-scale and should be most useful for reuse facilities.
This presentation is available to AMTA Members only.
- Aleksey Pisarenko / Rodrigo Tackaert / Elise Chen / Eileen Idica / Shane Trussell / Joseph Quicho
- Trussell Technologies / Trussell Technologies / Trussell Technologies / Trussell Technologies / Trussell Technologies / City of San Diego Public Utilities Department
- AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference, West Palm Beach, FL
- Membrane Technology Conference (MTC18)
- Reverse Osmosis Membranes, Membrane scaling, Sulfuric acid